Who do I speak to? Mrs. Amy Sims
Why study Business Studies?
• Business and commerce relates to the buying and selling of goods, services and information – important exchanges in almost any area of life
• Over 30.4 million people work in the UK, almost all of them work in a business of one kind or another
• You will develop the knowledge and skills needed to analyse data, think critically about issues and make informed decisions; all skills that are needed for further study and employment.
What’s it all about?
• You will study the theory of operating a successful business, understand how analysis is used to inform decision making and summarise the strategies used to promote success
• The topics studied are:
What is Business?
Managers and Leadership and Decision making to improve Marketing
Operational, Financial and Human Resource performance.
When will I be assessed?
• The AS level qualification has two exams; Paper 1 includes multiple choice questions, short answer questions and two 2-part data response compulsory questions. Paper 2 is based on a case study
• The A Level qualification has three exams; Paper 1 is based on multiple choice questions, short answer questions and two essays. Paper 2 is based on data response questions. Paper 3 is based on a case study
• All exams will take place at the end of the course, therefore if you are only studying the AS level qualification the two exams will be at the end of Year 12. If you are studying the A Level qualification the three exams will be at the end of Year 13.
What could it lead to?
• This qualification enables you to take up employment in one of the many business sectors such as Retailing, Finance, Manufacturing, Banking & Insurance, Human Resource Management or Marketing either directly after achieving the qualification, or via the stepping stone of Higher Education (HE) in University or college
• Universities have individually confirmed that this qualification fulfills their entry requirements when achieved alongside other qualifications
• Business graduates are in high demand worldwide, business touches on pretty much every aspect of modern human society, careers with a business degree are diverse and often highly paid.
Additional entry requirements?