Who do I speak to? Mrs. J Ayres
Why study Information Technology?
• We live in a digital world and Information Technology is all around us, it is a subject that will help you in any route to employment or further study
• There will continue to be a wide range of employment opportunities in this sector and this course is designed to prepare you for work in this sector.
What’s it all about?
• This course allows you an introduction to the study of creating IT systems to manage and share information alongside other fields of study supports progression to a range of areas
• Over the year you will study 4 units, including topics such as digital devices, peripheral devices, media devices, technology trends, networking, online systems, database design, social media, spreadsheet modelling, HTML and scripting Languages.
When will I be assessed?
• Your work will be assessed through task-based evidence, observations of practical tasks, questioning and performance based evidence.
• You will have a two hour written exam for Unit 1
• You will have a piece of coursework for Unit 2 completed in Controlled conditions over 10 hours.
What could it lead to?
• These qualifications have been designed to provide you with the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge to progress into further study or employment
• Following a specialist pathway will provide you with the skills to follow a career in development, design, technical support or creative media
• A non-specialist pathway provides you with a general IT qualification invaluable in the digital world.