As a parent/carer you automatically belong to the Ashton Park Parental Hub. We meet in a very informal manner every term. The AGM is held in Term 1. Meetings start at 7.15 pm and last for about one and a half hours.
We see ourselves as a support to the School and a sounding board for the Head Teacher for forthcoming events and plans. We support the school with fundraising projects.
Parents and carers have found that attending even the occasional Parental Hub meeting has helped them maintain contact with the school that can often be lost in the move from primary to secondary. It is also an informal way of talking to the Headteacher and other parents.
Election of Parental Hub officers in September 2018:
- Lara Mairs & Jess Warren elected joint Chair
- Cathy Oliver elected Treasurer
- Sally Bailey elected Secretary
- Wednesday 2nd October 7:15 – 8:45 AGM
- Tuesday 12th November 7:15 – 8:45
- Wednesday 15th January 7:15 – 8:45
- Tuesday 10th March 7:15 – 8:45
- Tuesday 5th May 7:15 – 8:45
- Wednesday 24th June 7:15 – 8:45
Books For The Library
Year 7 New Parent Checklist
We understand the transition to secondary school can be a busy and sometimes confusing time for new pupils and of course parents. In addition to your handbook you will have received on induction evening the Parental HUB have created a handy checklist for new parents. This is to help make sure you’re getting the most out of the communication avenues the school provides. We hope you find it useful!