This year we are launching a new service to make Parents’ Evenings easier to deal with. The Parents’ Evening Booking system is a website which helps schools save money and time by allowing parents to make their own bookings. You can make bookings online via the Parents’ Evening Booking system website, on your computer, smartphone or tablet, alleviating almost all of the time dedicated to parents’ evenings by teachers and staff at the school. We can of course help parents who do not have internet access and you can still book appointments by contacting the school or asking your child to visit the IT Support Office to make appointments.
Whilst you may have received a username and login for the system you may not be able to book an appointment for your child until bookings for a Parents’ Evening have been released. Bookings will open for each Parents’ Evening around two weeks before the evening of the parents evening.
Parents Evening Dates 2017/2018
- Post 16 – 25th January 2018
- Year 11 – 22nd February 2018
- Year 10 – 8th March 2018
- Year 9 – 1st February 2018
- Year 8 – 14th June 2018
- Year 7 – 28th June 2018
- Navigate to the Parents’ Evening Booking System here.
- Use the Username and Password that was provided to you by email. If you have not received an email please contact the school to provide one.
- Log in by selecting which child you want to make bookings for first. If you have more than one child who requires bookings, you can switch between them once you are logged in.
- Once logged in, decide whether you need to make bookings individually, or using our Automated Booking Wizard (best if you have a number of bookings and students to make bookings for).
- Once you have selected your preferred booking method and once in the correct parents’ evening, follow the relevant instructions from below:
- Automated Booking Wizard:
- Select the teacher you wish to book. You can press ‘Select All’ to select all options
- If you have a second child to make bookings for then select their tab and repeat the teacher selecting process
- Proceed to the bottom of the page and specify your personal availability, then press Make My Bookings For Me
- If the wizard replies that bookings are not feasible, you have not left enough time and need tp reduce the number of teachers or increase the amount of time you’re available.
- Now see a list of your booking suggestions. Feel free to add comments to teachers you wish to book, if allowed
- Press Confirm to confirm these appointments as your bookings
- Press Print or E-Mail to initiate your confirmation.
- Individual Bookings:
- Scroll down until you see the booking table. Above it are the departments and teachers which are available to you.
- Select the department, then teacher, and click on an available time to make a booking. When you selected a time, you’re able to add any issues or comments for the teacher to take note of before the appointment.
- Repeat this process, making bookings for all of the teachers you need to.
- If you need to cancel or rearrange an appointment, click on the correct department and teacher, then click on the green appointment to change it.
- If you need to make bookings for another child, scroll to the top of the page. In the top left corner you should see a ‘Make a Booking for Another Child’ icon. Click this. If there is no icon, the software does not recognise that you have multiple children. This just means that you’ll need to log out and log back in again using the other child’s details.
- Once you have made all of your bookings, click on either E-Mail or Print my Appointments. Appointments are saved when they are made, so you don’t have to e-mail or print to ‘save’ them, but doing so will provide a confirmation with further information, possibly including rooms and instructions from the school.
- Automated Booking Wizard:
To provide further help in logging on or how to use the system the following videos may be of use.